I am an Assistant Professor of Finance and an Academy of Finland Research Fellow at Aalto University School of Business. My research interests include asset pricing, market imperfections, and investment funds. My work has been published in Journal of Finance, Journal of Financial Economics, Review of Finance, Review of Asset Pricing Studies, and Financial Analysts Journal.
Mail: P.O. Box 21210, 00076 Aalto, Finland
Office: T305, Ekonominaukio 1
- Margin Requirements and the Security Market Line. Journal of Finance, 73 (2018), 3, 1281-1321. Amundi Pioneer Distinguished Paper Prize. JF, SSRN.
- Beta Bubbles (with Matti Suominen and Tuomas Tomunen). Review of Asset Pricing Studies, 8 (2018), 1, 1-35. Editor's choice; Best Paper Award. RAPS, SSRN.
- Flows, Price Pressure, and Hedge Fund Returns (with Katja Ahoniemi), Financial Analysts Journal, 70 (2014), 5, 75-93. Graham and Dodd Scroll Award. FAJ.
- Do Hedge Funds Supply or Demand Liquidity? (with Kalle Rinne and Matti Suominen). Review of Finance, 18 (2013), 4, 1259-1298. RF, SSRN.
- Speculative Capital and Currency Carry Trades (with Matti Suominen). Journal of Financial Economics, 99 (2011), 1, 60-75. JFE, SSRN.
- Mind the Basel Gap (with Matthijs Lof). SSRN.
- Growth Expectations out of WACC (with Michael Ungeheuer). SSRN.
- Leverage Constraints Affect Portfolio Choice: Evidence from Closed-End Funds (with Paul Rintamäki). SSRN.
- On the Effects of Margin Requirements, Liquidity and Market Efficiency, SUERF Study 2015/3. SUERF.
Currently I teach the Advanced Corporate Finance course in the Aalto MSc Finance program and courses on Investment and Portfolio Management and Risk Management in the Aalto MBA program.
My previous teaching experience includes MSc course Corporate Financial Management at Aalto University and MSc courses Investment and Portfolio Management, Hedge Funds, Corporate Finance, and Risk Management at Imperial College London.
Last updated June 23, 2021.